Kindermusik Educator Job Description
Purpose of Kindermusik of College Station – Bryan:
Kindermusik of CS-B is a preschool studio music program for children newborn to age 7 years. We are a team of committed and passionate music educators. Our mission is to nurture the love of music within children through the research based and award winning Kindermusik curriculum. We strive to create within each child a lifelong love of music in a joyful, caring community where each child and parent who steps through our door feels special. We truly believe that we change lives.
Purpose of Role:
We are looking for a brilliant and committed early childhood music educator who is passionate about her work, diligent, extremely reliable, an outstanding educator and a dedicated team player. In this role, you will support the owner and director Joy McCoy and help achieve the vision of Kindermusik of CS-B by teaching outstanding classes and nurturing the love of music within our young students.
Key Requirements of the Role:
• A music degree is preferable.
• Able to sing on pitch and comfortable leading a class and interacting with parents and very young children.
• Must be a licensed Kindermusik educator, or willing to complete the necessary training to become licensed (we will mentor you through this process).
• Self-motivated and highly organized as you will be learning new songs & activities each week in preparation for teaching.
• Know your given lesson plans extremely well and teach the Kindermusik program as stipulated by the Kindermusik curriculum and through direction of the director.
• Maintain & submit accurate student attendance records, write birthday cards, complete certificates, accurately complete recommendation cards.
• Be willing to call or email each family who misses class two times in a row.
• Be willing to work at special events.
• Be willing to sub as your time allows.
• Maintain your Kindermusik license by completing the required professional developments annually.
• Attend Kindermusik of CS-B staff meetings.
• Year-long teaching commitment.
Attributes for Success:
We are seeking a team member who will roll up her sleeves and dive in wholeheartedly. To be successful in this role you must demonstrate that you have:
• A true desire to serve. Our mission is to make our families feel special and part of our Kindermusik community. Your role is an essential part of the experience to help our families feel valued and part of the community. You understand that families and their care are highest priority. You always want people – no matter who it is – to have the best experience. This includes anticipating their needs and bringing a healthy dose of wow-factor to your interactions with the families. We aim to put a smile on the parents and children’s faces and a sparkle in their eye.
• A passion for excellence. You go above and beyond on lesson preparation and presentation and hold yourself to a high standard of excellence in every project you take on.
Start Date: Begin Training in September 2023, and complete training in 3 months or less. Prepare to teach Spring 2024 Classes.
Hours Per Week: 2-3 hours per week. Teaching times in the fall would include Monday and possibly Friday mornings. Able to increase hours as opportunities arise.
Rate: TBD by experience